Founded in 1939 in Cakovic, Croatia by master tailor Stephen Derk.
Immigrated to Canada in 1946 and worked tailoring jobs and sales for House of Stone.
Opens Derk’s Men’s and Boys Wear in Capilano Mall.
Expands to include tuxedo inventory for rental and sale.
Opens Derk’s Formals and Menswear with son Darrell Derk on Jasper Avenue and 117 street.
Moves to their present location in Old Strathcona focusing exclusively on formal wear.
Derks begins Bridal Fantasy, Western Canada’s largest and most successful Bridal Trade Show.
Stephen Derk decided to retire and the business was purchased by his son Darrell.
Derks opens their West End location.
Darrell becomes President of International Formalwear Association.
Over 100 Wholesale accounts opened throughout Canada.
Derks opens North Side location.
Derks opens Calgary McCloud Trail location.
Derks opens Menswear branch in addition to Formals at the Old Strathcona store.
Opens Second Calgary Location.
BF celebrates 30th Anniversary.
Elements online magazine launches.